Skogenracing.com
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  SökSök  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga in  

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.

Gå ner 
3 posters
FörfattareMeddelande
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

Antal inlägg : 125
Namn : Joel
Från : Kanada
Kör : 1992 Ford Ranger
Registration date : 11-01-20

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Empty
InläggRubrik: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimefre 21 jan 2011, 22:39

Behöver en tjänst från du Megasquirt killar. Jag planerar att springa MS1 på 2.9L i min lastbil. Jag har en idé angående det vad behövs för ändringar att springa fabriken TFI modul. Jag vet inte att någon svenska och det är hårt för mig att söka och att finna informationen. Jag har funnit denna källa på nätet men behöver någon validering angående om det är korrekt för V6.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_ford_mustang_5_0.htm

Tack för någon hjälp

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Av-26
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Grey
Skogencrew
Grey

Antal inlägg : 2023
Namn : Jocke
Från : 08-land
Kör : Ford P100
Registration date : 06-10-30

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimelör 22 jan 2011, 00:34

Hehe, i guess you could type it in English instead since it is tougher to understand Google translated Swenglish! Smile

Anyways, what you need is a TFI configured Megasquirt box. The good thing is that we can easy get one here in Sweden, the bad thing is that you need it where you live, which is a long way from Sweden. Smile So if you can find anyone that might help you with making a MS1 V3 Megasquirt TFI box, then you can buy a break out board for the Ford 60-pin plug that your original harness got. After that we can help you with the needed config in megatune and you should be on your way.
Mikael started hes 2.9er career with a unopened 29er in a Ford Sierra that he dynoed 323whp (More info here!), with about 1 bar (15 psi) of boost. Maybe you don't need that much power, but if you run that setup with the same injectors, he might be able to send you hes MS map and then you should be able to run it flawless without any road tuning or tuning cost on a dyno.

Senast ändrad av Grey den lör 22 jan 2011, 11:03, ändrad totalt 2 gånger
http://www.racemovie.se
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimelör 22 jan 2011, 01:17

Yikie that translated pretty bad.

Anyway that link I posted has information to convert the MS1 pcbV2.2, that I have, to run with the factory TFI. The 5.0L V8 MAP sensor (non mass air flow sensor) vehicles that use the TFI are nearly identical to the V6 TFI setup on the 2.9L V6.

Citat :

MegaSquirt-I PCBv2.2 Mods Required:

* Input mod: You install a 1k 1/4w resistor in place of D8
* Output mods:
* Run a jumper wire from the negative lead of LED 17 to jumper X11.
* Get a 1k ohm 1/4w resistor and cut the leads down to about 1/2" at each end. Maybe a bit less.
* Tin each end of the resistor with a bit of solder.
* Cut a 5" piece of hookup wire (22ga is fine) and strip just a 1/8" or so. Tin the stripped wire with solder.
* Melt the tinned wire tip to one end of the tinned 330 ohm resistor tip and let it cool.
* Heatshrink wrap this wire/resistor assembly.
* Use this wire/resistor combo to jumper the negative lead of LED17 to the left pin of U5 to add a 12 volt pull-up.
* Fast idle mod: Replace transistor Q5 with a TIP120/121/122 power Darlington, as shown on our MK-PWMIAC catalog page.
* That's it!

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Mustang-tfi-wiring

Just need to know if this is what I need to do. My MS1 is not assembled yet and I would like to have all the info to make any changes before hand.

I'd also like to know what the Specifications of the European 2.9L cologne engine. So I can compare them to what I have. Mikael makes it look easy to get V8 power from this V6. I did not realize the potential of these engines. They are considered throw away. I have sent over 5 complete running 2.9L engines to the metal recyclers.

Senast ändrad av Copykat den lör 22 jan 2011, 01:25, ändrad totalt 1 gång
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimelör 22 jan 2011, 01:21

Here are the specs of the American 2.9L

Citat :
The 2.9L V-6 was offered in the Ford Ranger from 1986-1992.

Specifications
Engine Family Cologne
Engine Displacement (Cubic Inches) 177
Cylinders 6
Arrangement of Cylinders "V" Shape
Bore x Stroke 3.66 x 2.83
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valvetrain Pushrod Overhead Valve
Fuel System MPFI (Multiport Electronic Fuel Injection)
Fuel Pressure 30-40psi
Horsepower 140hp @ 4600rpm
Torque 170hp @ 2600rpm
Oil Pressure 20psi @ warm Idle 55psi @ 2000rpm

Tune Up
Spark Plug AWSF-42C
Spark Plug Gap 0.044
Ignition Timing 10 degrees BTDC
Firing Order 1-4-2-5-3-6
Distributor Rotation Clockwise

Capacities
Oil Capacity With Filter Change 5.0 quarts
Oil Capacity Without Filter Change 4.0 quarts
Cooling System Capacity (Quarts) W/AC- 7.2 / W/O AC 7.8

Torque Specifications
Cylinder Head Torque in 3 steps [1st (22ft-lbs), 2nd (51-55ft-lbs), 3rd (Turn 90 degrees)]
Main Bearing Bolts 65-75ft-lbs
Rod Bearing Bolts 19-24ft-lbs
Crankshaft Pulley Bolts 85-96ft-lbs
Flywheel to Crankshaft Bolts 47-52ft-lbs
Intake Manifold 15-18 ft-lbs [5-steps (hand start & snug) (3-6) (6-11) (11-15) (15-18) (Repeat 15-18 after warm up)]
Exhaust Manifold 20-30ft-lbs

Valve Specifications
Seat Angle Degree 45
Face Angle Degree 44
Spring Test Pressure 143lbs @ 1.22in
Spring Installed Height 1.58-1.61in
Stem to Guide Clearance Intake 0.0008-0.0025in
Stem to Guide Clearance Exhaust 0.0018-0.0035in
Stem Diameter Intake 0.3159-0.3167in
Stem Diameter Exhaust 0.3149-0.3156in

Crankshaft Specifications
Main Bearing Journal Diameter 2.2433-2.2441in
Main Bearing Oil Clearance 0.0008-0.0015in
Shaft End-Play 0.004-0.008
Thrust on No. 3

Connecting Rod Specifications
Journal Diameter 2.1252-2.1260in
Oil Clearance 0.0006-0.0016in
Side Clearance 0.004-0.011in

Piston & Ring Specifications
Piston to Bore Clearance 0.0011-0.0019in
Ring Side Clearance Top Compression 0.0020-0.0033in
Ring Side Clearance Bottom Compression 0.0020-0.0033in
Ring Side Clearance Oil Control Snug
Ring Gap Top Compression 0.015-0.023in
Ring Gap Bottom Compression 0.015-0.023in
Ring Gap Oil Control 0.015-0.023in

Grey
Skogencrew
Grey

Antal inlägg : 2023
Namn : Jocke
Från : 08-land
Kör : Ford P100
Registration date : 06-10-30

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimelör 22 jan 2011, 11:01

Copykat skrev:
Yikie that translated pretty bad.

Anyway that link I posted has information to convert the MS1 pcbV2.2, that I have, to run with the factory TFI. The 5.0L V8 MAP sensor (non mass air flow sensor) vehicles that use the TFI are nearly identical to the V6 TFI setup on the 2.9L V6.

Citat :

I'd also like to know what the Specifications of the European 2.9L cologne engine. So I can compare them to what I have. Mikael makes it look easy to get V8 power from this V6. I did not realize the potential of these engines. They are considered throw away. I have sent over 5 complete running 2.9L engines to the metal recyclers.

pale

5 engines is not many i guess, but it is still 5 really great power plants. You can run 1 bar of boost until it breaks, and then just shovel in another one. Smile

About the MS1. The setup looks like it should work, since the TFI is the same and the rest doesn't matter if it is different. When it comes to the water and air sensors you should be aware that the standard resistor in the MS package, R4 and R7 is on 2.49K Ohm. If you want to use the ford sensors, change these resistors to 22K Ohms instead or else you will have to change the sensors.

The 29er engine spec is the same, but Ford announced a performance of 145hp @ 5500 rpm and 226Nm @ 3000 rpm.
These numbers can change very much depending on which country and model it comes from, but in Sweden the over all engine is like that. Also there was some 2.9ers that had MAF instead of MAP, but in Sweden we only got the MAP version.
The big difference between the US and EU version is the intake and plenum as you easy can see in the pic down below.

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  2eft2jq

The rest is the same. I will try to study the different intakes further on, but the EU intake seams to be really good. Mikael have got 406whp with that kind of intake.

http://www.racemovie.se
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimelör 22 jan 2011, 16:42

Thanks for the info Grey. That was the king of MS information I was looking for.

Almost all of the 2.9L engines here were MAP. There were some California models that were given the MAFS for emissions reasons. It is difficult to find the ford programmed Engine computer.

That intake setup is pretty cool. I have only seen one in America that was for sale and it didn't have the Throttle plate.
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimetor 07 apr 2011, 15:26

Almost ready to get the MS hooked up and running the 2.9L.

Will need to change a couple of the resistors so I don't have to go out and get GM sensors. I just bought new ford ones for my 2.9L would like to get some use out of them.

Anyone have stock MS1 tune parameters for the 2.9L?
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimetor 07 apr 2011, 20:14

I only have for turbo use and larger injectors
http://www.skogenracing.com
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimetis 12 apr 2011, 18:19

Damn Just found that this is needed for the IAC motor to work.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/pcbv3-pwm-iac-valve-control-tip120-39modkit39-p-134.html

Looks like another trip back to the electronic shop is needed.
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitimetis 12 apr 2011, 18:36

False alarm. Reading into it the MS supplied transistor is fine to operate a relay. Looks like I'll set mine up to do that rather than get the TIP122.
Sponsored content

InläggRubrik: Sv: Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.    Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.  Icon_minitime

Megasquirt MS1 TFI ändringar till ECU.
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» Givare till megasquirt
» fråga om vad som behövs mer till Megasquirt 2 v3
» Megasquirt till volvo 740 turbo?
» Hjälp med mapp till bmw 325 turbo och megasquirt
» Megasquirt

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet