I am driving 1990 Ford Sierra.
From factory it was 2.0 74kw. No chia no nothing.
But more then Year ago i bought from my friend a 2.9 cologne v6 engine with turbokit.
stock 2.9 v6
284 cam(kent cams)
non hydraulic cam followers
oil cooler kit
and coolerkit with Greddy rs bov
and ms1 ecu.
type 9 gearbox
somekind performance clutch
In the beginning i changed all the gaskets and but in all 6 pistons from another engine because 3 of the old ones was broken.
i changed also injectors to twise bigger, now it has 668cc injectors.
in the dyno we had issiues with boost, because at 3000rpm we had over boost problems. Okay wg is stuck, opened it and cleaned and it was okay.
then was alots of issiues with ecu and wiring, wiring was really bad but it altho runned. changed map sensor and added a filter to the sensor and dynoed it to 200kw. because 1 bar boost was max with distributor.
It was clear that it needs new wiring and at least ms2x ecu and that distributor needs to be gone.
so a few months later i bought for 55o€ a cosworth scorpio with bob engine in it.
i tooked for myself ingnition parts and steeringpump, generator, and other wheels to run one belt not 2.
allso front brakes and whole rear axle with big discbrakes and 7.5" diff.
and added vw g3 coilovers to front and vw transporter t4 twoway shocks to back.
Ordered all discs and pads and installed cosworth brackes to the car. now fronts are 278mm and rear 273mm. Stops really good
then i taked all front end in to pieces to install coilpack, crank sensor, cossie trigerwheel and all other componates to run only one belt.
Ordered allso new ecu witch was MS3X v3.0.
then i but sierra to a trailer and was driving to my friend who made new wiring and install ecu and dynotune it aswell.
it made 236kw and 441nm from wheels its about 272kw and 500+nm from engine and because the back of the car is soo light i didnt get good traction and numbers are with spinning wheels on dyno with 5th gear.
engine was driving over 10 000 km then i run to a cooling problem witch was that thermostate did not open and engine went to hot and then i had blown headgasgets and 2 broken pistons (3 and 6) and one of ported head was ruined.
For now the engine is fixed again and ready to go dynotune again.
planning to turn boost up to 1.6 bar hope it holds up. because engine isnt o-ringed.
If that engine wount hold then i go to 2jz engine.
Allmost back in one piece
The Key to Happyness!