Skogenracing Large
Copykat

Antal inlägg : 125
Namn : Joel
Från : Kanada
Kör : 1992 Ford Ranger
Registration date : 11-01-20

Crank case venting under boost? Empty
InläggRubrik: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitimemån 02 jan 2012, 16:29

Getting everything setup for the 2.9 turbo, and want to make sure I get it right this time as I may have had bugs in my 4.0 setup.

Right now the PCV (RH valve cover) valve runs into the front side of the throttle plate. There is a vent for the LH valve cover that also runs infront of the throttle plate.

When I plumbed the intake pipes on the 4.0L I ran the PCV in the stock location on teh LH cover, and the breather tube off the fill tube I ran into the low pressure intake tube. My blow off valve I also ran back into the intake on the low side also.

Pretty much the same setup as the first diagram in the link, minus the catch can.
http://www.sr20-forum.com/information-library/44727-crank-case-ventilation-fully-explained-turbocharged-edition.html

Is this a safe setup to use or is it problematic without the catch can?

Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

InläggRubrik: Sv: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitimemån 02 jan 2012, 22:25

Move the PCV to the turbointake instead. You don´t need the catch with that setup

Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitimetis 03 jan 2012, 03:22

So like this?

Crank case venting under boost? Crankvent
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

InläggRubrik: Sv: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitimetis 03 jan 2012, 09:19

Yes

Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitimetis 03 jan 2012, 15:39

Cool, makes perfect sense. PCV acts like it normally would. The other thing that comes into play is the other side has a filter. I've got another filter that I can link both covers together will to eliminate any trapped gasses in the one cover.
Just need to drill another hole is all.

Sponsored content

InläggRubrik: Sv: Crank case venting under boost?   Crank case venting under boost? Icon_minitime

Crank case venting under boost?
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Skogenracing.com :: Skogenracing Society :: Teknik-
Hoppa till: