HemHem  Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor  SökSök  Bli medlemBli medlem  MedlemslistaMedlemslista  AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper  Logga in  
Dela

New guy from across the Pond

Gå ner 
Gå till sida : Föregående  1, 2
FörfattareMeddelande
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

Antal inlägg : 125
Namn : Joel
Från : Kanada
Kör : 1992 Ford Ranger
Registration date : 11-01-20

New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 15 mar 2011, 02:43

Got the Megasquirt assembled

New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 MSbuild044
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Användarens profil
Joel
Skogenracing Supreme

Antal inlägg : 533
Från : Norrhult, Småland
Kör : Golf GTI 16v -89, Ford Sierra -88
Registration date : 10-03-06

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 15 mar 2011, 19:57

Why do you use an old MegaSquirt? 2.2?
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 15 mar 2011, 20:52

Joel skrev:
Why do you use an old MegaSquirt? 2.2?

Because I'm cheap. New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Idiot For $170 US dollars I got the DIY kit. This is a low buck build. If I was going for a high end truck build I would have gone with the latest.

This one does fuel and I can mod it to trigger the TFI. I run a 5 speed, don't need SFI, as it's already batch fire. No traction control etc. etc. It's the bare minimum I need to get the fuel correction needed for the turbo. This was something I was lacking in when I set up the 4.0L turbo.

Användarens profil
Joel
Skogenracing Supreme

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 15 mar 2011, 22:16

Yeah but the MS 1 V3.0 is 187 US dollars I think.

Ops now its 197 Dollars...
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimeons 16 mar 2011, 01:28

MS1 With the USB adapter and Mega Stim I have about $240 into it.
Användarens profil
Joel
Skogenracing Supreme

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimeons 16 mar 2011, 14:06

Don't really need a MegaStim. I didn't use one for my first MS I built. You can test your build with just a power supply and a sensor.
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimeons 16 mar 2011, 14:34

I haven't got a laptop to tune in the truck So I will be removing the ECU and doing everything off the truck untill I can get a laptop to tune on the fly.

I didn't feel the need for the extra features that the V3.0 offered. Later on if I feel the need to start over with a new setup I will go with a newer MSII or MSIII.
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimeons 06 apr 2011, 22:53

OK so I got the MS1 built and today I took a few minutes with the work laptop to download the MS1-Extra firmware to the EPROM. Now I need to set up the base tune.

Reading a post from Grey suggested that I will need to replace the resistors in R7 and R4 for 22K ohm resistors for the Coolant and air temp sensors. Is this for the MS1 board?

Currently the plan is to get the truck up and running with the MS1 ECU and with that done I should have a better understanding what to change for when the larger injectors go in and the turbo gets bolted on.

Does anyone have the information for a stock 2.9L 12V tune for the MS1 V2.2/V3.0?? This would help greatly.

I'll try to get some updated pictures soon of the truck. It's pretty rough right now but plans to fix a bit of bodywork then paint it are comming very soon. Just need to clean up and make some room in my shop.

Användarens profil
Grey
Skogencrew
Grey

Antal inlägg : 2023
Namn : Jocke
Från : 08-land
Kör : Ford P100
Registration date : 06-10-30

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimemån 11 apr 2011, 16:58

Copykat skrev:
OK so I got the MS1 built and today I took a few minutes with the work laptop to download the MS1-Extra firmware to the EPROM. Now I need to set up the base tune.

Reading a post from Grey suggested that I will need to replace the resistors in R7 and R4 for 22K ohm resistors for the Coolant and air temp sensors. Is this for the MS1 board?

Currently the plan is to get the truck up and running with the MS1 ECU and with that done I should have a better understanding what to change for when the larger injectors go in and the turbo gets bolted on.

Does anyone have the information for a stock 2.9L 12V tune for the MS1 V2.2/V3.0?? This would help greatly.

I'll try to get some updated pictures soon of the truck. It's pretty rough right now but plans to fix a bit of bodywork then paint it are comming very soon. Just need to clean up and make some room in my shop.

The R7 and R4 replacement works for both MS1 and MS2. Mikael should have a map that should work. Send a PM to him.

http://www.racemovie.se

Visdomsord:

• So thats how easy it is to let people know that you are different, you are not one of them!
    It will make you feel good, and it will make them feel even better!

• "My definition of insane?
    Doing the same thing as everyone else and expecting a different result!"

• We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
Användarens profil http://www.racemovie.se
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimemån 11 apr 2011, 19:21

I asked Mikael and he just has for a turbo application and larger injectors. I used the table generator in the Megasquirt tune program to make a base fuel and spark table. I hope it's enough to get it running.

Picked up the needed resistors for the sensor and spark mods. Going to try and get those done and out of the way tonight. Just then need to get my adapter harness built then I can plug it in and get it running.

Användarens profil
Grey
Skogencrew
Grey

Antal inlägg : 2023
Namn : Jocke
Från : 08-land
Kör : Ford P100
Registration date : 06-10-30

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimemån 11 apr 2011, 23:29

Copykat skrev:
I asked Mikael and he just has for a turbo application and larger injectors. I used the table generator in the Megasquirt tune program to make a base fuel and spark table. I hope it's enough to get it running.

Picked up the needed resistors for the sensor and spark mods. Going to try and get those done and out of the way tonight. Just then need to get my adapter harness built then I can plug it in and get it running.

Sweet!
If it works right away, it's probably because of the Swedish craftmanship of the map! Wink

http://www.racemovie.se

Visdomsord:

• So thats how easy it is to let people know that you are different, you are not one of them!
    It will make you feel good, and it will make them feel even better!

• "My definition of insane?
    Doing the same thing as everyone else and expecting a different result!"

• We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
Användarens profil http://www.racemovie.se
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 12 apr 2011, 22:02

Grey skrev:

Sweet!
If it works right away, it's probably because of the Swedish craftmanship of the map! Wink

Don't know if I'll use his map tables. I won't be running as large of an injector. 260's are what I have to go in. Would like to get som 330 or larger, but budget won't allow for that right now. Easy to change at a later date.

I've been thinking about running a 33" tall rear tire. I like the current setup I have right now as far as ratio. (3.09:1 with 225/70-14's) But I would need a 3.90:1 to run the 33" tire. I have a welded Ford 8.8 in my Bronco that is already geared 4.10:1. This would give me about 100-200 RPM higher (2300 RPM) in 5th gear, than what I'm at right now (2100 RPM).

The 33's would mean I would have to tub the rear and lower the truck an extra -3" (-2" I'm planning already) to keep the truck level.

Now the thing I have to look at is keeping the tires under the bed. Depending on the wheel combo. I have a pair of rims I can cut the center out and relocate to pull the wheel in more. OR. I can cut the long side axle tube down and replace with the same short side axle shaft that the other side is.

Thinking I may offset the wheels, and see where that gets me.

Doing this will let me run a nice size slick for the track, but it will give me horrible manners on a roadcourse.

Dilemas!!!
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetis 19 apr 2011, 21:46

Haven't done much in the past bit. But I have picked out a set of rubber bands to go on this thing. I think that if I get them I will be committed to actually doing it.

Here is the plan I am going to do.

Pull the 4.10 welded ranger axle out of the bronco. Mount this axle under the ranger doing a spring under to lower about 3". New spring pads are going to be made for the axle. New lower spring plates in the 1/2" thick variety will be made and a traction bar will be made off that. Now the reason for the spring under conversion is to fit the tires. I plan to cut and reoffset a set of steel 15 x 8 wheels to keep the tire under the bed, and will be using a 33 x 12.5 AT tire. Firestone Destination AT's to be exact.
New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 FireDestat

Later on I plan to lower the truck even more likely another 2" so a rear frame notch will need to be added and a shackle flip will be performed. Likely will have to tub the bed some to clear the tires.

The front will get matching Firestone Destination AT's but in a 205/75-15 size. Front will get lowered 2" by either drop coils or likely just cutting the stock ones down.

As for the turbo stuff I have my intercooler, and the MS is nearly complete. Just have a bit of rewireing to do and get the adapter harness assembled so that I can get it running with the MS.

I will be ordering the tires but I won't be picking them up for a bit. I'll get it all mocked together with an old set of 33's I have.

Time to get this thing going.I don't think I have ever seen a lowered ranger tucking 33's, out back other than this one. Not much of a tuck though.
New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 65528lk_20

This is the tucked look I am going for.
New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 123P001284
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large
Copykat

InläggRubrik: Sv: New guy from across the Pond   New guy from across the Pond - Sida 2 Icon_minitimetor 19 maj 2011, 16:06

Picked up a pile of parts for the tired 2.9L

MSD TFI coil installed

Have a Melling M328 HV oil pump.
New pushrods (12)
New lifters (12)
Gasket set, not including main seals or intake gaskets. (Does have Head Gaskets)

Now I would like to find another 2.9L to rebuild and get it ready to accept boost. Or I wait and boost my current one untill it will no longer take boost and then rebuild it.

Also have a line on a Holset HE351 turbo for stage 2 upgrade. Now I need 600 cc injectors, and bigger intercooler.
Användarens profil

New guy from across the Pond
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 2 av 2Gå till sida : Föregående  1, 2

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Skogenracing.com :: Skogenracing Society :: English Forum-
Hoppa till: