Skogenracing.com
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  SökSök  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga in  

carbed pinto turbo

Gå ner 
2 posters
FörfattareMeddelande
DD
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 2
Namn : Martijn
Från : ned
Kör : ned
Registration date : 10-05-04

carbed pinto turbo Empty
InläggRubrik: carbed pinto turbo   carbed pinto turbo Icon_minitimeons 12 maj 2010, 10:18

Hi there,

I'm from the netherlands and the proud owner of a capri III 1600. Now I wanted to be different and instead of tuning the engine with carbs I wanted turbo power.
Because EFI pinto's cost silly money, 400 euro's is pretty common around here, I desided to stay on carbs. the 1600 is the prototype engine just to get all the parts in the right place and have a decent base map for the ignition system. After that I will drop in a 2 liter that I got cheap.

The car is a budget build and therefore the progress is slow. the turbo components are from a renault 5 gtt. For now the car runs on with the standard dizzy but in the futere I want to go MegaJolt.

I hope to find here some people who are also using a carb on a turbo conversion.

carbed pinto turbo 001
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
F20A2-T
Skogenracing Small
F20A2-T

Antal inlägg : 35
Namn : Pjotr
Från : The Netherlands
Kör : Accord / RX-7
Registration date : 07-12-01

carbed pinto turbo Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: carbed pinto turbo   carbed pinto turbo Icon_minitimemån 17 maj 2010, 22:55

Hi Martijn,

I tried the same thing as you did only on a 2.0 honda.
Better get a Weber 32/36 DGEV or a 34/34 DGAS.
They are better then the 5gtt carb. You're going to choke this engine with this r5 carb.
If you're going to stay carb, get a good rising rate (1:1) FPR (brandstofdruk regelaar) adjustable from 2 to ± 30 psi. (mallory 4309 or malpassi) And a pump to keep up with this pressure and demand.
If you're getting in to boost you need to add fuelpressure.
Your stock Fuelpressure is ± 3-4psi. If your boostpressure is 10 psi, you need 13-14psi fuelpressure when in full-boost.

Make sure you pull some timing wen going into boost.

PS
Just sold a complete CapriIII with 2.0i Pinto 5-speed for ± € 850

If you have any more question, you can PM me in dutch...

Succes,

Pjotr
Till överst på sidan Gå ner

carbed pinto turbo
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» turbo technics pinto turbo manifold
» turbo pinto
» Pinto Turbo uk
» 2.3 pinto turbo