Damocos
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 25
Namn : Damian
Från : Kent England
Kör : Sierra Saff 24v
Registration date : 10-01-21

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitimeons 21 apr 2010, 22:00

Could someone explain the difference that an external wastegate has in relation to size,
i.e 38mm vs 40mm and so on. What would be recommended for my application, i have a KKK27 and will be running approx 9psi Smile
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitimeons 21 apr 2010, 22:21

To generalise

Low Boost = big wastegate
High Boost = Small wastegate

Small turbo = Small wastegate
Bigger turbo = big wastegate

But big wastegate has no real disadvantage. 50-60mm is good for most applications, always mount the wastegate so it follows the flow of the exhaust gasses. For your application 50mm is what i recomend

Damocos
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 25
Namn : Damian
Från : Kent England
Kör : Sierra Saff 24v
Registration date : 10-01-21

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitimeons 21 apr 2010, 22:40

Mikael skrev:
To generalise

Low Boost = big wastegate
High Boost = Small wastegate

Small turbo = Small wastegate
Bigger turbo = big wastegate

But big wastegate has no real disadvantage. 50-60mm is good for most applications, always mount the wastegate so it follows the flow of the exhaust gasses. For your application 50mm is what i recomend

Ok, thats cool then Very Happy And what do you mean by "following the flow of gases" I am going to build my manifold and have been looking at where others have mounted their wastegates and all seem to be in different areas. Does it make a huge difference where it goes then? Was thinking of coming out from just before the flange where the turbo bolts on the manifold.....
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitimeons 21 apr 2010, 22:58

It´s important that you mount the wastegate on a point where all cylinders meet, you cant just evakuate on one exhaust pipe. And the exhaust gasses won´t go backwards or take big turns in the wrong direction

Look at this thread and you will get some idee , If you have a turbo with puls splitt the best results is to divide the pipes on each banks all the way to the wastegate

http://skogenracing.editboard.com/bilder-filmer-f7/bilder-stora-grenrorstraden-t4470.htm

ford2.9
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 5
Namn : balazs
Från : ákos
Kör : jános
Registration date : 10-05-11

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitimetor 03 jun 2010, 17:34

Sponsored content

External wastegate Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: External wastegate   External wastegate Icon_minitime

External wastegate
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Skogenracing.com :: Skogenracing Society :: English Forum-
Hoppa till: