capri2lover
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 3
Namn : James
Från : The States!
Kör : 1977 capri 2.9L
Registration date : 09-08-21

Going to give this a try... Empty
InläggRubrik: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimefre 21 aug 2009, 18:52

Hello all! I have a 1977 capri mk2 with a 2.9l scorpio motor. I would love to get some information for parts and suppliers. I have an 8" ford posi differential and I am currently looking for a transmission that will hold the power of turbo when i get one.
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimefre 21 aug 2009, 23:16

I use a bmw gearbox in my Capri but you are american? Borg Warner T5 from a mustang would work i think. Must be easy to get hold on i the states

capri2lover
Skogenracing Small

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimelör 22 aug 2009, 03:03

I noticed that you said you used two of the same side exhaust manifolds for your turbo setup. I am able to get a 5 speed gearbox from a scorpio which is like a sierra xr4x4 but I think that it is a type 9 box. Stock motor with no turbo would be fine I'm sure. What does an MT-75 come off of? Is that a 5 speed? And where did you mount your fuel pump?

I have read in past posts all over this forum that english is not your native language. I use google translate from swedish to english and it works pretty good for me so if there is any communication problems let me know, swedish or english.
m5micke
Skogencrew
m5micke

Antal inlägg : 3132
Namn : Micke
Kör : BMW "Alpina" 332itt e30 -89, BMW X5 4,8is, BMW 323im e36 -97
Registration date : 06-10-12

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimelör 22 aug 2009, 08:41

Mikael has mounted the fuelpump inside the fuel tank.

Welcome to this site
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimelör 22 aug 2009, 10:45

MT-75 gearbox sits behind every 2.9 here in sweden, it´s stronger than the type 9 gearbox.

We have done some different exhast manifold for the 2.9. You will se pics on them in kryckans two sierra threads in projekt. and i have two threads, the old capri thread and the sierra 2.9 thread

capri2lover
Skogenracing Small

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimelör 22 aug 2009, 21:06

I have some exhaust manifold flanges I can build, but as far as manifolds to start with and modify, they are impossible to find. Do you guys do fabrication and sell parts?

And thank you for the greeting!

James
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitimelör 22 aug 2009, 22:07

We don´t manufacture and sell. But just make flanges and construct you own manifolds, it´s no big deal actually. We use standard tubings from warmwater systems

Going to give this a try... Qsqfzs

Going to give this a try... 1256zi1

Going to give this a try... 55jqjo

Going to give this a try... 8xliqb

Going to give this a try... Mmcva8

Going to give this a try... 2w3p1s4

Going to give this a try... 2drtffl

Going to give this a try... 214a2k3

Going to give this a try... V8b2t

Capri thread -> http://skogenracing.editboard.com/projekt-forum-f10/mikael-ford-capri-v6-gt40-turbo-borjar-om-pa-ny-trad-t2804.htm

Sponsored content

InläggRubrik: Sv: Going to give this a try...   Going to give this a try... Icon_minitime

Going to give this a try...
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Skogenracing.com :: Skogenracing Society :: English Forum-
Hoppa till: