HemHem  Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor  SökSök  Bli medlemBli medlem  MedlemslistaMedlemslista  AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper  Logga in  
Dela | 

Boost leak

Föregående ämne Nästa ämne Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
Copykat
Skogenracing Large

Antal inlägg : 125
Namn : Joel
Från : Kanada
Kör : 1992 Ford Ranger
Registration date : 11-01-20

InläggRubrik: Boost leak   tor 22 aug 2013, 19:44

I've got a huge boost leak that has gotten progressively worse and worse this week.

My boost controller is maxed and I can still barely maintain 4 PSI.

An intake gasket leak is a possibility but would that not change my Vac readings at idle? I still maintain 20 inch at idle and at 100 Km/h I still get about 15-16 inch.

Going to start trouble shooting to see what is causing this. Since monday I've been turning up the boost controller 1/2 to a full turn each day. It's now maxed.

Thing to note is Methanol injection was added recently, but with the boost leaking if it was leaking from the nozzle fittings I would atleast see fluid being sprayed everywhere if it was feedback into the supply line. It would only go so far as the solenoid about 10" from the nozzle.

I'll keep you guys informed. I may look at removing all the intake pipeing and get them pressure tested to make sure I haven't split anything. I did check them after I welded them before I painted and they all held pressure fine.

Anyone have similar issues?

Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Användarens profil
Copykat
Skogenracing Large

Antal inlägg : 125
Namn : Joel
Från : Kanada
Kör : 1992 Ford Ranger
Registration date : 11-01-20

InläggRubrik: Sv: Boost leak   tor 22 aug 2013, 23:50

Think i found the problem. After doing a leak test i found the coupler at the intercooler outlet was leaking. Seems to boost up now.
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
Användarens profil

Boost leak
Föregående ämne Nästa ämne Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» F20A2-T, introduction
» MS1v3 Boost control och relay/fan control
» cologne 2.9 V6 turbo questions
» Todi - Vw " Das Boost"

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet