Skogenracing.com
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  SökSök  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga in  

2.9 Air Flow meters

Gå ner 
3 posters
FörfattareMeddelande
andymcf
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 2
Namn : Andrew
Från : Northern Ireland
Kör : 2.9 v6
Registration date : 12-06-04

2.9 Air Flow meters Empty
InläggRubrik: 2.9 Air Flow meters   2.9 Air Flow meters Icon_minitimetor 07 jun 2012, 14:11

Hello, Basically I am trying to build a 2.9 v6 turbo sierra.

Basically what i have got so far is

sierra shell
2.9 engine with Granada loom
complete 2.8 turbo technics car
complete 2.9 xr4x4

I have noticed that most of your cars are running without air flow meters. I also have a 2.9 xr4x4 which has air flow meters and it i remove them the car wont start.

I am not even sure if the engine i have requires air flow meters or not as its all parts at the moment.
Can you turbo an engine with air flow meters or can you remove them and the car still run. I believe I read somewhere that an engine without air flow meters use lambda sensor or will a Megasquirt ecu resolve this?

Thanks
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
cosworth team ruse
Skogenracing Small
cosworth team ruse

Antal inlägg : 26
Namn : daniel
Från : bulgaria
Kör : ford sierra 2.0 dohc
Registration date : 09-11-24

InläggRubrik: Sv: 2.9 Air Flow meters   2.9 Air Flow meters Icon_minitimesön 10 jun 2012, 11:49

they have the 2.9 engine with lambda sensor and map,your engine is the old one with afm-s.the megasquirt managment have map inside and will do work on your engine
andymcf
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 2
Namn : Andrew
Från : Northern Ireland
Kör : 2.9 v6
Registration date : 12-06-04

InläggRubrik: Sv: 2.9 Air Flow meters   2.9 Air Flow meters Icon_minitimetis 12 jun 2012, 17:31

Sorry just to clarify if I install Megasquirt I will not need the air flow meters?

Do you happen to know which is the best version of Megasquirt to install I believe there is MS1, MS2 and MS3?

Grey
Skogencrew
Grey

Antal inlägg : 2023
Namn : Jocke
Från : 08-land
Kör : Ford P100
Registration date : 06-10-30

InläggRubrik: Sv: 2.9 Air Flow meters   2.9 Air Flow meters Icon_minitimeons 13 jun 2012, 14:42

andymcf skrev:
Sorry just to clarify if I install Megasquirt I will not need the air flow meters?

Do you happen to know which is the best version of Megasquirt to install I believe there is MS1, MS2 and MS3?

I have an plug n play kit for the ford 60-pin that will work great. Just remove your ECU and plug in the MS2-PnP box right on the harness. Take a house from the intake/plenum and connect it to the built in Map sensor in the MS2 box and just turn the key! Smile
With a single turbo (Holset HX35 or Garrett GT40) and 350cc injectors you can run 1bar of boost on premium fuel and have 323whp (370BHP) and 580BNM or just put on your double turbo kit, some big injectors and tune it yourself. You cant get it any easier. Smile

Price then? £750 with shipping to UK/Irland
http://www.racemovie.se
Sponsored content

InläggRubrik: Sv: 2.9 Air Flow meters   2.9 Air Flow meters Icon_minitime

2.9 Air Flow meters
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-